Monday, September 21, 2009

E for EVIL!

I recently watched my sister playing the game "Animal Crossing: City folk". I was outraged by what messages these types of games are having on our "Oh so impressionable youth". To begin, I saw my sister digging in the dirt to find a fossil, upon it's recovery she proceeded to sell said fossil. She then went and hit a rock for money to come out. Two horrible lessons could be placed upon our youth with these sorts of activities. One: Whatever you find on the street will be valuable to sell. Two: Cracked rocks are excellent sources for income. The outrage didn't end there concerned readers.


I witnessed the further unsettling business held by one nefarious raccoon who goes by the name "Tom Nook". He owns the shop within the animal crossing town, but what alarmed me was that there WAS ONLY ONE SHOP! Are these games trying to tell us that owning a monopoly is ok? The answer is yes. Another incident occurring at the town's lost and found where my sister snatched up all the items and exclaimed "I'm going to sell these" I asked her "Isn't that stealing?" She replied "I don't care I'm making money."

Finally, my sister took her character into the city where two more disgusting acts took place. The first being she went to the theatre to watch a simple play only to be subjected to the man known as "DR. Shrunk" he presented no certification of his studies to become a doctor and proceeded to sell my sister an "Emotion". I will be damned if I let this obvious representation of drug sales go unnoticed. After she left the theatre high on her new laughter action she went into the salon where she could import a mask of the Mii Hitler character I created, sound fishy? Well it is. Monopolies, Hitler, drugs, interspecies relationships, stealing. The game is rated E for "Everyone" but it should be rated E for "Evil".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portal still alive. So many incredible things that require your attention.

This is where the good stuff is.

Followers